THE MIRRORED FEELING
Last night they challenged me again.
I looked at them. I didn’t understand them.
I asked them, so I could find out, and,
‘Have you seen how he behaves?’
… And they walk away,
as if I knew.
When they don’t even explain it to me.
They throw everything overboard.
As if I understood,
as if I got it.
And I go over the conversations in my head.
I just think,
overthink.
I always overthink.
As if I understood,
as if I got it.
And I’m left in the silence,
with unanswered questions.
And a mind that’s overflowing
searching for a little clarity.
Once again, I don’t fit in.
They tell me I’m weird.
And that I look like an idiot.
—“You shouldn’t move like that.”
It’s as if everyone else
lives in another reality
and I’ll never have access to it.
Why does everyone know everything?
I realise they’re trying to avoid me,
as if the way I am were contagious
and they were afraid of catching my despair.
How can I escape all this without it hurting?
Don’t say to me:
‘If you do this, we won’t love you any more’,
because I already know that my existence is a burden,
a burden that nobody wants to bear.
.... And they leave,
they always sort it out like this,
and when it all falls apart,
I blame myself as always.
As if I understood,
as if I grasped it.
And so I’m left here,
in this void.
With unanswered questions,
without direction.
Seeking a little understanding
in a world that doesn’t understand me.
As if I understood,
as if I realised.
Feeling like an alien
on a planet that isn’t mine,
where everyone speaks a language
I cannot decipher.
It hurts to overthink.
My body aches.
It hurts not to fit in.
It hurts not to be like them.
I’d like to stop being an outsider and prevent
them from arguing because of me.
I know I’m putting them to shame.
Stop arguing because of me.
It hurts me too to be an outsider.
EL SENTIMIENTO ESPEJO
Anoche de nuevo me retaron
Les miré. No les entendía
Les pregunté, para poder saber y,
–"¿Ya vieron cómo se comporta?”
... Y se van
Como si yo supiera
Si ni siquiera me explican
Tiran todo a la borda
Como si yo comprendiera,
Como si yo entendiera
Y repaso diálogos
Sólo pienso
Sobrepienso
Siempre sobrepienso
Cómo si yo comprendiera,
Cómo si yo entendiera
Y en el silencio me quedo,
con preguntas sin respuestas
Y una mente que se desborda
buscando un poco de claridad
De nuevo, no pertenezco
Me dicen que soy raro
Y que parezco tarado
–"Deberías no moverte así"
Es como si los demás
vivieran en otra realidad
y yo no tuviera nunca acceso
¿Por qué todos saben todo?
Me doy cuenta de que intentan evitarme,
como si mi forma de ser fuera contagiosa
y temieran contagiarse de mi desesperación
¿Cómo escapar de todo esto sin que duela?
No me digan:
"Si haces esto, no te vamos a querer",
porque ya sé que mi existencia es una carga,
una carga que nadie quiere llevar
..... Y se van,
siempre lo arreglan así,
en derrumbe me culpo como siempre.
Como si yo comprendiera,
como si yo entendiera
Y así me quedo, en este vacío
Con preguntas sin respuestas, sin dirección
Buscando un poco de comprensión
en un mundo que no me comprende
Como si yo comprendiera,
como si yo entendiera
Sintiéndome como un extraterrestre
en un planeta que no es el mío,
donde todos hablan un idioma
que yo no puedo descifrar
Me duele sobrepensar
Me duele mi cuerpo
Me duele no encajar
Me duele no ser como ellos
Quisiera dejar de ser un extraño y evitar
que discutan por mi culpa
Ya sé que los avergüenzo
Dejen de discutir por mi culpa
A mí también me duele ser un extraño.–Miguel Quintana.
ASCENDANT: A JOURNEY THROUGH THE EMOTIONAL LABYRINTH
On the electric stairs
I lose myself,
they lift me up gently,
effortlessly.
I feel a tickle
Throughout my being,
Like a whisper
Amidst the noise.
My mind flies high,
in delirium,
a chaotic world,
turns and turns
My heart
Seeks refuge in its litany.
The
unfamiliar faces
Are like shooting stars,
Bright, fleeting
Glimmers in the infinite.
My thoughts
Dance in the spiral,
A maze of lights
And shadows in my mind.
The distant music
of mechanical machines,
a symphony
of clicks and clatters,
I immerse myself in silent ecstasy,
a dance of impulses and delusions.
And at the top of this endless journey,
I discover the c
alm in the chaos,
my eyes closed,
I feel the universe,
and
with each step,
I find my own peace.–Miguel Quintana.
ASCENDENTE: UN VIAJE A TRAVÉS DEL LABERINTO EMOCIONAL
En las escaleras eléctricas
me pierdo,
me elevan suavemente,
sin esfuerzo.
Siento un cosquilleo
en todo mi ser,
como un susurro
en medio del ruido.
Mi mente vuela alto,
en desvarío,
un mundo caótico,
gira y gira,
mi corazón
busca refugio en su letanía.
Los rostros ajenos
son como estrellas fugaces,
brillantes, efímeros
destellos en el infinito.
Mis pensamientos
danzan en la espiral,
un laberinto de luces
y sombras en mi mente.
La música lejana
de las máquinas mecánicas,
una sinfonía
de clicks y traqueteos,
me sumerge en un éxtasis silente,
una danza de impulsos y desvaríos.
Y en la cima de este viaje sin fin,
descubro la calma en el caos,
mis ojos cerrados,
siento el universo,
y en cada escalón,
encuentro mi propio sosiego.
–Miguel Quintana.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario